Thursday, October 05, 2006

OK...WHY?

As I was wide awake last night, laying in bed and flipping through channels, I stopped for a moment on an infomercial. They were trying to sell some new and improved kitchen knife set. Well, first of all is it new or is it improved; it can not be both. But what really got to me was seeing some of the things they were cutting into with these knives. Alright, I don't know who has been cooking for these people; but if you need a knife that can cut through steal, what are you trying to say about your steaks. Me personally, I don't need a knife that can cut into metal when I'm sitting at the dinning room table. I can't imagine someone working in their garage and saying to themself; I need a knife to cut this exhaust off, I think I'll get one from the kitchen. When I'm eating a pork chop, I don't go to the out building and get a chain saw to cut it up.

Do people really buy this crap, even though they will never use it in the same way they show it. More than likely, they buy this stuff because they are bored. At least I'd hope so.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL...I have to agree totally. It makes you wonder what type of people actually do buy the stuff. Besides, who wants a knife that sharp lying around in your kitchen? I'd be walking around with a few less fingers if I bought one of those!

Monica said...

Too funny, I often wonder the same things. Smile and have a great weekend!