Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hoping He Saw It Too

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAs I look back to this year I remember so may emotions I felt. So many that I have never felt before & that I wish on noone. I remember so many nights & still have them of wondering if Matt was ok. If he was sick or needed me. As it got dark last night my bedroom was just lit up by the moon. It was beautiful. It had me thinking that it was still dark where he was & I was hoping he could see that same moon. Somehow it made me not so far away from him.
As the last few weeks of this deployment are finally here I can't help but think back of the things that I'll never forget. Like the day he left after being home on leave. I remember saying our goodbyes in the airport & that last kiss. He walked away & I watched him leave me not knowing if & when I'd ever see or feel that touch again. I blew him a kiss & he smiled. The most beautiful smile I'd ever seen on him & blew a kiss right back.
I'll never forget that moment. Never! I only hope that if your sitting next to that someone in your life that you cherish every single moment you have with them.


They may drive you crazy when they are here but you sure do miss them when they're gone.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember those things too, and I know that if this deployment has taught me anything it is to never take advantage of the time we have together again. At least we have been able to take somethings away from this deployment, even if we didn't like the journey along the way.

Glo said...

Yes,how well I know cause he's back bugging the life out of me and I wouldn't have it any other way......Love ya

Shionge said...

Well said Courtney.....you've sent a timely reminder to me.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how we remember those things, and to me there is nothing better than seeing them return home, that feeling of overwhelming love for them.

Far too many times we get sidetracked with life and busy schedules, we forget how precious our men are, until they're far from us. Nothing like that to make you appreciate them more :)

I'm SO SO glad this is almost over for you Court, you've been through such hard times, but you've come through stronger than ever. You're an amazing lady and I'm so glad I got to see you grow through this :)

Love you girl,
Sandra

Courtney said...

There are so many memories that I hold on to through this deployment. They are all we got. What's really strange is that I can't wait to have him bug the crap out of me in person again. I MISS IT!! How odd. I never thought in a million years that that would be something I missed.