Monday, October 02, 2006

May I never Forget

This deployment is slowly but surely coming to an end. Next month Matt will finally be home after being gone over a year. I am getting so excited! I'm starting to think back at all the things I have learned from all this & the major thing is gratitude. I really took alot for granted while he was here. From having him beside me to him taking out the trash but honestly I never want to forget this feeling of missing him. It has been pure hell without him & I have hated every second but it sure does make you appreciate things so much more. I never want to take for granted those little things. Like him getting mad at not finding something & swearing I threw it away. LoL! I miss that. I never want to forget waking up alone & reaching out to him & him not there. I not only appreciate him as a person more but our love. For that I am thankful. In life we need to try to take something from every experience we have. Good or bad. From this I'm taking gratitude. May I never forget.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree. It's amazing at how much you can learn in a year's time. It's almost over and I hope and pray we all never forget the past year so we'll never take for granted the wonderful little things of our lives together with the men we love.

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful Court :) It's amazing how much deployments teach us as wives.

I am so thrilled for you, only one more month and it will be over :) Thank God for that :)

Have a beautiful day, Love ya
Sandra

Shionge said...

How sweet and your post is also a timely reminder to me too.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you and will continue to pray for Matt's safe return. Not too much longer, hold on.