Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Big Hugs & Thanks To Everyone


Big thank you's go out to all of you for your sweet comments & prayers for Matt & the family! It's been a crazy few days so sorry they are a little late but they never went unnoticed. You are all so good to me. I ALL have a special place in my heart. I have spent alot of time with Matt's grandpa. He lives an hour away from me but I have tried to go up there everyday since the funeral. I could set with him & talk for hours & actually have lately. See he has Alzhiemer's & has had it for I believe 9 years but he's doing great. My sister in law (which I LOVE!) sat with him on the porch & sang. It was one of those moments you want to freeze in time. He'd sing songs he used to sing in church (He was a preacher) Shannon was sitting beside him just dancing & singing along. I actually got a video of it & I have played it over & over today. Something about him just brings a smile to your face. I am so blessed that my children have such a wonderful Great Grandpa! (Big PawPaw as they call him)
After being on the go for days I now have so much house work to do as if I didn't have enough before! I have done some today here & there but I really needed to take it easy today. Well, as easy as 3 kids will let me...LoL! Tomorrow I have to get my butt back in gear. Haven't checked the weather for tomorrow yet but I'm hoping it's a pretty day (today was rainy) so I can turn up the music, open the blinds & clean clean clean! Well thats about it for tonight. I am starting to get a headache. Could it be stress???? Nah not me!! :) Sleep is sounding pretty darn good no great right now!

~Court~

5 comments:

Charla said...

Hey girl, you rock in my books! LOL :) As I said the other day, you've been so sweet by helping Matt's family out so much! You need to relax a little chic! This weekend's gonna be so much fun! YAY!!!!! I can't wait! :) TTYL girl!

Love ya,
Charla

Karyzma said...

Hey COurt!
That's great that you got to spend so much time with Grandpa. It sounds like one of those moments that will always stick in your heart. You do need to have some down time, chickie!
Love u bunches!
Mystik

Michelle said...

That's wonderful that you've been keeping his grandpa company. You really are a sweetheart. I hope that you are able to catch up on your housework, and try to get some rest!

Glo said...

You go girl...You know my feelings on Alzhiermer's. Grandpa may not remember what happened 5 mins ago,but help him keep what memories he has for as long. I know you have the patience's to do this. But at the same time you need some much needed ME time.The video was great...Keep up the good work. I'm so proud of you....Love ya girlfriend,Glo

Sandra said...

You're such a sweetheart Court, and Matt and his family are extremely lucky to have you :)

I hope you get some much deserved rest and don't overdo the housework, remember with kids it's just going to get all messed up again LOL

Love ya,
Sandra