Saturday, June 10, 2006

Once Upon A Time


Today was such a dreary day. It was almost cold. A great day to stay in bed! Well I have been feeling bad almost all week. So this afternoon when Shannon & Ty took a nap at the same time. I knew I had to convince Alli to lay with me & "try" to rest. So best way for that is tell her she can tell you a story. So this was Allison's story:



Once upon a time there was a mommy, a sister,a brother & a baby sissy. They lived in a big castle beside Kings Island. In their backyard was a bridge that went to daddy. It also went to Uncle Mark house. (Matts brother in Oklahoma) They could play all together all day until the Sgt. yells for daddy to go to bed. Then daddy gives everybody goodnight kisses. Then they go to bed & not be sad about missing people. They all live happily ever after......THE END:)

So at that point I was in tears. If only it were that easy Allison......If only!

6 comments:

Charla said...

OMG Court, I don't know what made me tear up more, your post or the song! That was such a sweet story by Allison1 It's amazing how much kids really pick up on! I love the song too! Hang in there girl, it won't be long until Matt comes home to the "castle" to be with his Queen and his prince and princesses! :) Love ya girl!
Charla

Anonymous said...

Loved your story and the song. I too shead a tear. It's that long before our guys will be home for good. Your doing a great job with the kids.I know summer can be the worst. I miss the fishing and together time.This is our second away from each other.You can make it Court.Remember your W.O.M.A.N and Army...HOOAH....Like Charla said HANG IN THERE GIRL It won't be long til Matt,Steve and Mike are all back in our arms where they belong.....We're always hear for you. Love Ya Girl

Mrs.S said...

Wow from the mouths of our kids - they are so innocent. My son use to say the cutest things when my husband was deployed for a year and it would just bring tears to my eyes. He was only 3 but always trying to make mommy not sad. Hang in there - some tough days, some really tough days and some days you make it thru & even manage a smile or too. But every day that goes by is just another day closer to your hubby coming home. Hugs, Karen

Lisa said...

Your post was so sweet and sad at the same time.

Know that I am praying for the safe return of your husband and all our soldiers that are over in Iraq.

Love those babies...they grow up fast.

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh. I was crying. The sweetest things come out of the mouths of children. They are so innocent. That song always gets me too. It is my profile song on my MySpace.

Michelle said...

Children are so wise beyond their years. I know that it's sad and it feels like it will never end, but keep your chin up, we'll make it through together!