Monday, May 08, 2006

Daddy's Little Girl



I have a story I have to share tonight.......The kids were bugging me ALL day to listen to a cd the Matt left here. It has the Sponge Bob theme song on it...lol! I had put it off all day for fear I would break down in front of them. It has alot of his favorite songs on it & thats something I couldn't handle today. Anyway, they waited all day with me telling them in a minute 100 times until the tantrums started.So I was getting ready to give Shannon a bath & decided that while I was doing that I would play it. That way my mind would be elsewhere. I was washing her hair as she splashe like crazy getting the whole floor soaked (she loves that!) when Matts favorite song came on (Rascal Flatts- So Close) The kids turned it up because of course if daddy likes it well they do to. When all the sudden Shannon stops everything & looks up at me with those big blue eyes & chubby cheeks & says DA DA!!!!!! I smiled & said "yes thats da da's song right". She looked up at me again & this time screams DA DA!!!!! Well I lost it. It was sooo cute but it killed me. To know that she remembered him meant the world to me. See I often think that we are lucky that she is so little that she doesn't realize things but I forget just how much this little girl is missing out on. Matt loves these kids more than anything. He is such a GREAT dad. She doesn't know him like the other two do. He & she will miss out on so much together & it kills me. The 2 weeks he was here I would watch (secretly) as he played with her & I saw the way she looked at him. Right in his eyes. So closely as if she was trying to keep his face in her mind forever. She would rub his face & just sing. It was beautiful. I know that they will not have alot of memories of her as a baby but those little things mean alot. Eventually he WILL be home & she will see just how much her daddy adores her. Until then she has me to tell her daily that he is the best daddy there is & he may not be able to be with her right now but he is away doing a job that must be done.......changing the world.
Matt, I love you so much & your 3 rascals love & think the WORLD of you. Keep that with you ALWAYS!
~Court~Flower

7 comments:

kbug said...

This was absolutely beautiful...I almost cried reading it. But, you know, there's a special bond between a father and daughter that distance can't change. Keep on showing her pictures and playing his CD...she'll remember..... :)

Charla said...

Hey girl, I teared up as I read your post!! That's exactly how Hunter acts towards Steve!!! They do know who their daddys are! I was afraid that Hunter wouldn't remember who Steve is when he comes home, but he knows and Shannon will too. Hunter loves trying to kiss the web cam whenever me and Steve are IMing. Of course, Steve eats it up too. He told me to enjoy my time with Hunter while he's gone because when he comes home Hunter will be Daddy's boy. :) Sad thing is, he already is!!! It's so great that Shannon knows and responds that well to something as simple as a song. That's sweet! Take care girl, love ya!!
Charla

Anonymous said...

I did cry. You'll have so many Memories to share when they get older. How special can that be.
Love Ya!!!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness. I am about to cry. How sweet. I am a daddy's girl too. Keep telling her about her dad. He'll be seeing her before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Now that you have me in tears. Thanks. That was beautiful. Children know so much. But, just remember God Bless The Broken Road that made you think of him during this time. Rascal Flatts has some wonderful songs. She will not forget her daddy, and he will not forget her. Just remember Courtney, you are strong and you can do this.

proud fan said...

Courtney -- You are so STRONG.
You have my applause and I am so proud of you for being a devoted mother and please know that your children will remember and love their daddy and it's important to continue doing the things that make that happen. I think that military spouses are among the toughest people in the world. I found your blog today after you had posted on mine. I am so glad you came by. I look forward to you coming by again. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Paige My daddy is in Germany and i just got him back from being gone for 4 years. Now he is gone for 2 years. Courtney you are a strong person for being a mother and also a military spouse. Stay strong and never give up. God Will Pretect our military. Don't give up hope she and your kids will remember the fun they had and will have with their dad.