Sunday, July 20, 2008

What A Week

I have had one stressful week. I made the comment the other day "what's gonna happen next" I shouldn't have! Wednesday Matt had his back surgery. It was a very long stressful day. A surgery that I was told would take a half hour no longer than an hour ending up being almost 5! I was a wreck. Luckily my MIL & her pastor were there to help calm me down. A couple days had past & his pain was not getting any better. I was told he was to be up walking around but there was no way he could. We called the doctor (Thank goodness!!) & found out Matt's nurse hadn't given us all the meds he should have been taking. We got that worked out. Matt's doing much better now. During all this my cousin has been in the hospital. He is a diabetic. I got a call the other day (not sure what day because these days are all running together) that he is now in ICU & not doing good at all. Please pray for him! The friday night my sisters boyfriend was working on her car. His brother & him were both under the car & it somehow fell on Wesley (My sisters boyfriend) They rushed him to the hospital. His leg is pretty messed up but he's going to be fine. We needed some groceries & now that Matt can do a little more on his own. I thought it would be just fine leaving him for an hour or so this morning & taking the kids to the store. That is until Alli woke up throwing up. (Gross I know sorry) So I made a call to my daddy who was kind enough to come over & watch Alli & Ty & Matt lol! Shannon & I headed to the store. On the way there I get a phone call from my mom that my grandma's house caught fire last night. Thank God she's ok. It had started in the house behind her & they couldn't keep it under control. Luckily noone was hurt in the fire. So as you can see I'm really hoping next week is a better one.

7 comments:

Katy said...

oh my goodness!!! Courtney...you have been going through so much lately!!! I hope Matt is feeling 100% soon!!! I can't even imagine having to have back surgery at our young ages!! He is such a trooper...as are you...I would have been such a wreck too!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, my friend! xoxo

Michelle said...

Wow, I really hope this week is better for you and your whole family. Good luck with everything!

Sandra said...

Goodness Court,you've had a really rough week, I'm so sorry, I just hope things get better for you all.

Hugs,
Sandra

Katy said...

Hey! ;)
I tagged ya on my blog if you have time and want to do it!!! Come check it out! xoxo

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh my goodness, Courtney!! You have had a heck of a week! I'll keep my fingers and my toes crossed that this week will be wonderful, stress-free, and healthy!

Thinking of you!

-Andrea

Glo said...

Hope Matt is doing well. Nice new look.

Monica said...

Oh my! What a week! I hope it does settle down for you, soon! Take care and I hope Matt feels a lot better soon.