Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What A Night

I was up late last night watching all the Super Tuesday votes come in. (WAY TO GO MIKE!!!) I finally went to sleep sometime after midnight. Poor Matt has to listen to me talk about every speech & every poll. Honestly he could care less. But, he listens as if it's the first time I'm telling him lol! Anyway, about 3am I get woke up but the door of our big wooden fence hitting our house. (It's right outside our bedroom window) The lights were flickering,the tv was on but the cable was out. I just up & look out our window to see nothing but leaves flying everywhere. I jumped back in bed with Matt,3 kids & a cat! Wake up Matt & beg him to get a flashlight. Why I didn't just go get it I don't know. Well, yea I do know I was scared. No not just scared as I like to say I was scuuured=) (It's a southern thing) Matt gets a flashlight & goes right back to sleep. How do men sleep through everything?!?! Our local news was on covering this storm & they had a webcam showing this awful winds. When all the sudden the camera goes black & all you can hear is the reporter saying to take cover. After a few minutes he comes back on saying we were having 75mph winds! Luckily, it ended soon after but gosh I was terrified. We didn't have any major damage. Just some trees down below our house & our deck is now a mess. Have I mentioned how much I hate storms? Well, I do! This weather is just too crazy. It's february & almost 70 degrees.
Well, I'm off to clean up our deck & make a grocery list. Hope everyone has a great day & remember to keep the people who had tornadoes in our prayers. Lots of lives were lost. So so sad.
Court~

7 comments:

Jen said...

Are you at Ft Campbell? We had the same weather....crazy...I'm in Paducah. Just thought I would ask...you seem close to me.

Glo said...

I sorry you had bad storms and I'm sorry you were so scared. I really don't know how men sleep through everything. Got admitt it would be nice to do that sometimes. I've been trying to call you. I will pray for all who felt the effects of the storm.

Love Ya BIGGER

Katy said...

How scary!!!! I am so glad you guys are OK and don't have a lot of damage!!! So sad about the tornadoes! :( I would have been totally freaked out too! Again, glad you are all safe!! xoxo

Glo said...

Looks like you got more thunderstorms,hail and winds are head your way. Stay safe. Remember God is always with you.

Linda said...

We had the same crazy night here in Memphis. Glad you guys are okay.
Blessings,
Linda

Michelle said...

I heard about the storms, I'm so glad that you guys didn't have any major damage. The weather is so crazy. One day it's 80 and the next it's 29! I sure wish it'd make up it's mind.

kbug said...

Storms can be scuuuury...lol...especially the ones that contain tornadoes. Many blessings to all those who went through that. But I actually enjoy thunderstorms. I love to "feel" the thunder, watch the lightening, and listen to the rain. I kind of miss having my covered patio where I could sit and enjoy storms without getting wet..... :)