Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Lovefest

Andrea had the cutest idea. A Valentine's Day Lovefest! Go on over,read about it & join in. It's so much fun!


Ok people sit back,relax & listen to the story of how Matt & I met. I will warn you first off! You have to stay with me. It's a very complicated story & I could lose ya in a second.




It's 1999 my senior year of H.S. & just got out of a really bad relationship. I used to babysit for my cousins boys alot. My cousin hated my exboyfriend (as did alot of people!) & doing anything for me not to get back with him, she was going to set me up. Set me up with a guy who worked with her sister (my other cousin). She said he was a really sweet guy & I should at least just talk to him. I finally agreed but I was determined to not fall for anything. I was simply going to talk on the phone with this guy nothing more!
I can still remember the day he called. I was out with my best friend Jill. I remember telling her about this guy who may call but like I said was looking for nothing but a friendship. When I got home my mom told me a guy named Matt called & she said "Court he's so sweet!" I finally got the nerve to call him back later that night. We talked for hours! My first thoughts of this guy was your typical skater guy. Everything was dude this & dude that but there was something more. This guy made me laugh & after talking a few times had me rushing home from wherever to get his phone calls. Then, he said it! When are we going to meet? Oh no,wait! I'm just going to be friends. I just wanted someone to talk to here & there. No more relationships for this girl! So, I just tried to put it off a lil longer. Until...



My friend Jill asked me to ride with her to her boyfriends house. (Her boyfriend lived almost an hour away) About 30 minutes up the road Jill decides to stop by & see this friend of hers Josh. So I really had not a clue where we were. We're in this big parking lot with a bunch of (what I called at the time) "jerks" you know the guys with the fixed up cars & rap music shaking the ground under you. So Jill talks to Josh awhile & I notice Josh's friend looking at me. Looking at me alot! I never thought twice about it because I was not falling for another "jerk" again! We, well actually they decided to go eat at Taco Bell. All I kept thinking was I'm missing Matt's call for THIS!! It's pretty obvious to Jill,Josh & "The Jerk" that I'm not real happy. Later I find out I was called "The Snob". I ended up telling Jill I really wanted to get home. I wanted to talk to this Matt guy & was thinking about telling him I wanted to see him. She was pushing hard for me to talk to "The Jerk" but I wasn't havin' it! As we're leaving "The Jerk" gets in his pimped out car & trying to show off for me blows out a tire! You see now why I thought these type guys were losers??



Anyway, I get home & my fingers couldn't dial fast enough. This guy I was talking to was the one! He was different than all the other guys I knew. He was so sweet & he actually talked about stuff I liked talking about. He never interrupted me! Most of you know how I really, really hate that. I didn't know this guy hardly at all but I wanted to be with him & I was going to tell him right now! Well, he wasn't home. A couple hours went by & no call. I had a million questions going through my head. Where is he? Is he out with someone else? Did I blow it by putting off seeing him all the time? Was he ever going to talk to me again?




The phone rings & I was scared to death. It was him! He apologized for not calling earlier but he was out with a friend,busted a tire & had to get his car towed home. Ya see where this is going yet? I almost dropped the phone! He had no idea yet & said to me "Ok I really want to meet you". I simply said back to him "You already have." I couldn't believe I didn't see it earlier! I mean he had told me his best friend was named Josh. He did live about 30 minutes away from me & even had the same model car although he didn't tell me his car was all "pimped out". Good thing because this snob would have never married that jerk!








14 comments:

Katy said...

wow!!! What a sweet story..and surprising too! Thanks so much for sharing! :) I, too, graduated in 1999!! :)

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day!!! xoxo

Michelle said...

That is such a wonderful story. God sure knows what He's doing :)

Glo said...

Great Story. I have something for you over at my blog. Have a great Day.

Sandra said...

That was such a sweet story Court, I loved it :)

Keri said...

So funny! That could be an episode on a sitcom! Isn't great how life works sometimes? Glad you guys finally got it all worked out, lol.

Tarrah said...

What a great story, it has me laughing ;). It's funny how people arn't always as they seem.

Rachel said...

This is funny. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

"Wow, you guys are YOUNG!!!!!!"

1999 I met my hubby, can I say I graduated in 91, "WOW, do the math..I am old!

"SORRY"...(I got side tracked.)

What a neat Idea Valentine's Day love feast Stories....
You guys have the cutest story ever!!!" And your pictures are so cute too! I hope you both have a wonderful Valentine's Day Courtney!

Lots of love,
Jeannene

Catlin Humes said...

lol, how crazy is that. I'm so glad you guys met and are so in love!

Shionge said...

It was meant to be after all Courtney and what a wonderful way to know each other...you didn't loose me along the away pal heheh..

Happy Valentine's Day and thank you for sharing this, now some book publisher should give you a call now for this story :)

Anonymous said...

That is soo funny! Great story!

Amber said...

How funny! So many loves stories are ironic like that! I love it!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I laughed!! How awesome that it turned out the way it did Courtney! What a great guy Matt is - totally perfect for you. And now you have this beautiful family... isn't God good to us!

kbug said...

What a great story...and so romantic..... :)