Monday, January 14, 2008

One Person's Trash Is Another's Treasure

My sister gave me this table the other day. She was throwing it out & thought she would ask me first because you know how I love "old" stuff=) It's been sitting in the middle of our living room for days. I didn't know what I'd do with it just yet. I decided to put it in our kitchen & add a few touches. I made the little balls awhile back for the kitchen but never really found the right place for them. So what do you think?








7 comments:

kbug said...

It looks great!! I'm a pack rat, too and love picking up things that other people are throwing away. It must run in the family, because Kevin, my middle boy, found a couple things being chunked out by one of his new neighbors and gave them a new home in his garage...one is a rolling work bench with a huge drawer for tool storage, and the other is a homemade chest of drawers on rollers for tools. See, I trained my boys right.....lol.

Katy said...

oh, i love that table! It is sooo cute! what exactly are the little balls? How did you make them? :)

Anonymous said...

I love the table. i like old stuff too

Jen said...

It looks really good. I enjoy yard selling and thrift shopping so I can get great buys on things....

mindi said...

Love the table!
My house is still pretty bare (after a YEAR) since we're still removating. I hope to get some painting/decorating done for when hubby gets back. At least, that's one of my goals!!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

It looks good! I like how you decorated it - love the rooster! It's true - one man's junk.... that's why I go to the Salvation Army etc. I always find treasures!

Glo said...

I forgot to tell you,I love this table.