Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Best Day

Finally we had some family time this weekend. Matt has been off since friday. He had planned for this time off work because he had some military training out of town but those were changed so we have had him to ourselves all weekend! Friday was spent getting some things taken care of so the rest of the weekend we could spend doing whatever we wanted. Yesterday afternoon Matt's mom & brother visited us. The kids showed her every single thing they got for Christmas then we all went to McDonalds Playplace. The kids of course had a blast but us adults did as well. It's so much fun to see your kids have fun huh?! But, more importantly we were doing something all together. Something we haven't been able to do for awhile. We got them a sundae & were headed to the car. Allison was holding Matt's hand. She looked up at him & said in her sweet raspy voice "Daddy this is the Best Day".

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Isn't that the best??? We recently were running around and so busy but made time to stop at a local Burger King and let the kids go play. When we were done, they also said "This was the best day ever".

I mean, who knew that something to simple could bring so much joy :)

Glad you've had Matt all to yourself this weekend, that's is wonderful Court.

Hugs,
Sandra

Katy said...

That sounds sooo wonderful!!! I am glad you guys got to spend the day together and have such a wonderful time!!!

xoxo

Jen said...

I just love days like this. We took Miller yesterday to the Burger King Play station. Scott has never been able to go with us so it was his first time watching Miller play....we had such a great weekend too. I love times like this.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Moments like that just melt your heart, don' they? I am so glad that you were able to have that much needed time together as a family. It makes all the difference.

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with your writing, I could just imagine this to be so touching and heart pulling!! Thank you for sharing this. It is so nice to have family time isn't it. I think that is the best part of living. ( God and your family!!)

Thank you so much for your compliment on my project I worked on. You are so sweet Courtney. I hope I get better and better. Aren't you sewing , hows that coming along?

Hugs,
Jeannene

Glo said...

Glad you had a good family day.Sounds like so much fun.

I'm sad ,I lost a very good friend and neighbor yesterday.

Michelle said...

Oh I bet that just melted your heart to hear her say that was the best day! How sweet! It's so nice when you can get some down time and just enjoy that family time together - and going to McDonald's for a sundae is a wonderful treat :)

Michelle said...

That's so wonderful you were able to spend time together as a family. That's always the best.

Thank you for all your prayers for me and my family, we appreciate them more than you know!

mindi said...

I'm glad you had some time together. That's what it's all about :)

Anonymous said...

"I SUPPORT MIKE HUCKABY TOO, (did I spell his name wrong:-() Sorry!

"But, I support him;-)))!!"

Love,
Jeannene