Monday, October 22, 2007

Remember When...

Close your eyes... And go back...Before the Internet or the AIM
Before playstation2 or X-bOX
Before when We got Our Hearts Broke
I'm talkin' bout hide and go seek at dusk
Red light, Green light.
Playing kickball & dodgeball until your porch light came on.
Mother May I?
Red Rover
Four square
Hula Hoops
Running through the sprinkler
Happy Meals
Getting the privelage to sit in the front seat of the car
Watchin' Saturday Morning cartoons
Christmas morning
Bedtime Prayers and Goodnight Kisses
Climbing trees
Getting an ice cream off the ice cream truck
A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers
Jumpin' down the steps
Jumpin' on the bed
Pillow fights
Runnin' till you were out of breath
Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt and you almost peed your pants
Being tired from playin' all day
Your first crush
Rainy days at school meant playing "Heads up 7-Up" in the classroomRemember that?
I'm not finished yet...Kool-Aid was the drink of the summer
Giving your friends a ride on your handlebars or spokes
Wearing your new shoes on the first day of school
Class Field TripsWhen nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there
When getting high was swinging on the swingset
When $5 seemed like a million, and another dollar a Miracle
When your parents took you to McDonalds and you were so cool
When Toys r Us overuled the "mall"
How about when...Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe"
Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!"
Race issue meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "monopoly"
Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening
It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends
Being old, referred to anyone over 20
The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties
Nobody was prettier than Mom
Nobody was cooler than Dad
Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better
It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides at the amusement park
Getting an inch of snow was a dream come true
Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare"
Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles
If you can remember most or all of these, then in MY opinion you have LIVED!!!

7 comments:

Glo said...

Boy ten I have livedddddddd I remember it all. Like it was yesterday. Fun, we always had fun.We never said the word bored.Thanks for this one Court.

Glo said...

I can't spell today....sorry.

Michelle said...

I love this. I love looking back at those things from when I was a kid. Boy, those were simpler times lol. Do kids still play heads up 7 up? If they don't, they don't know what they're missin.

Melanie said...

What a great post and a wonderful trip down memory lane for me!

Sometimes I still make decisions by doing "eeny-meeny-miney-moe", but don't tell anyone ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOOK BACK INTO THE MEMORY LANE.
SOMETIMES I WISH I CAN GO BACK.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Katy said...

Those are so awesome...how i miss my childhood!!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

kbug said...

Well, I have to say that I still do some of these things...

A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers - the mosquitos are terrible in our yard, as are the chiggers, and I always lick my fingers if they get food on them.

Jumpin' on the bed - it was just a couple years ago that I did just that when I had a girls night out in the country. My friends were ready for bed and I wasn't, so I jumped from bed to bed in the boys room where there are three beds within jumping distance of each other. My sister called me Peter Pan..... :)

Runnin' till I was out of breath - it doesn't take long for that anymore.

Laughing so hard that my stomach hurts and I almost pee my pants - this happens nearly every time I get together with my sisters.

Catching fireflies - if only there were as many as when I was a little girl...*sigh*

Nobody's ever been prettier than my mom or cooler than my dad.

Getting an inch of snow still excites me...I mean, I live in Texas..... :)

And of course, bedtime prayers...no explanation needed.

Some of us never really grow up, ya know...and I have to say that I have definitely lived and continue to do so everyday..... :)