Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Traditions


I think I did a post on this last year about The Pumpkin House. Which you can read about it Here!

The pumpkin house was on the Today Show this morning & on Ellen last year. Ric Griffith (The now Mayor of my home town) has done this since I was little. This year I believe he's having 3,000 pumpkins!! It's always been a tradition since I was little to go trick or treating then go see the pumpkin house. Ric's youngest daughter & I went all through school together. In grade school the entire school would walk over & each carve our own pumpkin to display. He always has lots & lots of volunteers. It's such a big thing around here & growing more & more every year! Now the traditions are a little different. Matt's mom loves to see the kids dress up. Also loves showing them off to her neighbors (LOL!!) Although it's a little drive for us we always take the kids up there for trick or treating. It's a pretty hectic day for us. We first stop by my moms house,then my grandma's & head up to My MIL's. We usually go to the Pumpkin House the day after trick or treating here. Which is usually a little less packed. People come all over to see it every year! Matt has been gone (Iraq) the last 2 years at this time so this year is special. I think we'll pack up & see the pumpkins on his night off this week. I'm really looking forward to that. A tradition I did as a child that now my kids are doing. My how time flies!!!

**Here are some pics of the pumpkin house last year**





6 comments:

Glo said...

I love these pictures."HAPPY HALLOWEEN"
Hope your feeling better.

Katy said...

WOW!!! That is sooo neat! I love that!!! What a fun tradition! Halloween is always super hectic here too...i hope it goes well for you guys tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

"How very special for you guys and your kids!!" Goodness..."i love that House...it is so lovely, would love to go there..very lucky you!!"
"Have fun and be safe!!"
xo

Michelle said...

That is so neat! I remember the post from last year and I just think that is the neatest thing. I'm glad Matt will be here to see it with you guys this year, YAY!!

Patriot said...

Hi! I came across your blog tonight. Just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting - come check it out! Have a great rest of the week!

Katy said...

Thanks for the suggestion Courtney!!! I will be thinking of you too while i am grocery shopping! ;) LOL have a great day!