Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Counting My Blessings

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I sit here this morning trying to get myself awake. The sun is shining through the windows in my kitchen lighting up the entire house. As if God is telling me today is going to be bright. I can hear the kids jumping on the bed trying to wake up Daddy. That sound is beautiful. It reminds me to be thankful for all I have. We all get so caught up in our own day to day life we tend to forget what matters. This is what matters. Waking up another day to see that bright morning sun,hearing our children laughing. What more can you ask for? I want to take this minute to thank God for all the many blessings he gives me every day. I don't know what I ever did to deserve this wonderful life he has given me but one thing I do know is that I will forever be grateful for it.

4 comments:

Glo said...

Amen to all you said. They grow up before you know it. Precious gifts from God. May God shower you with more blessing each and every day of your life.
Love and lots of {{HUGS}}

Michelle said...

I agree with you, we often forget to take the time to thank God for what He has given us, instead focusing on what He didn't give us. I think we all need to take a page from your book and take the time to thank Him for what we do have!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I know I'm not always very good about being thankful for what I have...and it's a lot too!

I was listening tonight as Daniel and the kids played and laughed together and I was so happy-so grateful for a husband who is a good father and healthy, beautiful children who have a wonderful relationship with each other. It's worship to God to be thankful for all He's given us.

Thank you for the reminder!

-Andrea

missalexxx said...

I agree, everyone needs to take a step back and be thankful for all we have! I love this post. I think it's so easy to get caught up in day to day life like you said....we don't realize all the amazing things we have. You rock!