Monday, July 31, 2006

Looking Back

Well I'm here in an almost empty house. Allison & Ty stayed with my grandma's tonight so I could move everything tomorrow. I got the keys early & was able( with my daddy's help) move some stuff in this evening! As I look around it reminds me of when we first moved in here. We had well, basically nothing! Now we have so much stuff I think I'll never get moved in that house. LOL! Even though the past few months this house has given me nothing but trouble. I still feel a little sad saying goodbye. There's so many memories made here. This is the house I really actually learned to grow up in. Lets see...I learned how to cook a "real" meal here. I learned how to potty train a very stubborn little boy. How to unclog a toilet (not fun!) How to kill a bug without crying,screaming & yelling for Matt! How to handle all the bills. How to cook dinner while entertaining two hungry kids & carrying a baby on my hip! How to believe in myself but most importantly I learned that I can make it on my own. I don't want to be without Matt but I learned that I'm with him because I want to be not because I have to be! Thats the best lesson I could have ever learned. I am so happy for that. Tomorrow I will be in a new house. It's better for all of us but I'm leaving behind so many memories. Tomorrow it's time to start new one's & soon enough Matt will be home to share those with us.

6 comments:

Shionge said...

Quite an achievement really Court, hope everything turns out well.

Karyzma said...

LOL!!!! Ha! Court, you know what I mean. I had a lot of fun talking to you. I hope everything is okay with Matt's mom. I know it's hard to say goodbye to the memories. Well, look at it this way. At least you don't have to say goodbye to all your loved ones. And, when you miss your old house, just look out the window, or walk next door. :o) I know it's not the same...but I'm tryin' to make you feel better about it. I hope your BIL is able to help you move tomorrow. I know how overwhelming and stressful it is to do it alone. Take care and I'll talk to you again soon
Love you girl!
Kathy

Monica said...

Great Job! I cannot even imagine moving on my own, that is why I have kinda slowed down on house hunting until Brad is home. :) You rock! Hope tomorrow goes smooth for you.

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new house! A new house with new memories. Have fun moving today wish I was there!!!!

Glo said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new house....now put your things in and make it a home...I'm so very proud of you for all you've done. Three kids,a home,fixing things,cooking,killing bugs and paying bills. Girl your amazing.Matt should be very proud.Your a stong woman. The memories you made in the old house will always be with you,the house didn't make the memories you,Matt and the kids did that. You have a lot to be proud of, you have achieved so much in this year. Pat your self on the back. You did great Girl.....
Can't wait til you post pics of you new place...God blee you and your New Home...
Lots of Love and Hugs,
Glo

Charla said...

YAY!!! You're in your new house! Now I gotta come down and stay with you so we can celebrate!! LOL I'm so happy for ya girl! Can't wait to see it!!

Sorry I've been so tired when I talked to ya the last couple days. LOL This getting up at 4:30am is draggin' me down. Not used to it after sleeping in for so long! LOL

Love ya girl,
Charla