Monday, May 22, 2006

IT TAKES SO LITTLE

It takes so little to please me sometimes. I was online the other night talking to a friend I met through the yahoo army wives group & she was sewing pillows for her living room & I thought HOW COOL! I have been wanting to decorate so much lately but just can't seem to find the right things I want. Never the right colors or patterns. So I thought......I want a sewing machine! I thought there are so many cute patterns available out there. I could just make my own stuff. Well, try to make my own stuff...LOL! So today Matt told me to get one for a late mothers day gift seeing as though he's not here he wasn't able to get anything or do anything like he usually does. So I ordered one today online!! I am soooo excited about it! I can not wait to get it & get started. Of course it may take awhile to get into the swing of things but oh well I need something to do for myself. My own little project you know. I spend all day doing the "have to's". I need some time for the "want to's". If that makes sense. If your a mommy you'll know what I mean. Actually, almost anyone could relate to that. We all need something in our lives that takes us away from everything for a minute. This will be mine.....Hopefully!
Well, better get back to the "have to's". It was a very busy day so I have alot of them tonight. Take Care {HUGS} To All!!!!!
~Court~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sewing is entirely enjoyable and a great way to stay calm. Crocheting works well also. I can't wait to see your crafty work. The other Courtney. HAHAHA

Courtney said...

I agree with the other Courtney (wow there are a lot of us). Sewing is fun and the result is rewarding. I love pointing to the quilt I am working on and saying ha I did that. Wow. It feels good to know you can create something so awesome.

Karyzma said...

That's great that Hubby told you to get the sewing machine. It will be so much fun! I've never sewed anything before, well, except for maybe a button or two with needle and thread. lol. I am into the knitting scarves rage though. HA! Hubby always makes fun of me because his Grandmother always knits, so he calls me an old woman. Hey, it's fun, it's creative, and it's cheaper than buying out at the mall! Besides, it's better because I can choose my own colors and style. :o) Hubby said that I should get into a scarf business, since I've sold a few to friends and they loved them to death. Hmmmm.... Note to self: Potential scarf business
Target market military wives at NAF Atsugi, Japan. LOL!

Michelle said...

I hope that you enjoy your sewing machine. It's very important to take time to do the things that you enjoy (or think you would enjoy) in life.

Mom2fur said...

Have fun with your sewing machine! If you google "Free Sewing Patterns" you can find lots of fun stuff to play with.