Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What Works For Me Wednesday


Alrighty, don't know about you but I HATE when we are stuck in the car & the baby is screaming. You can't do anything about it,the kids are wanting her to stop so they too are crying & you are about to go NUTS!!! So I started doing this when Alli was a baby & it worked. Can't remember where or who I heard it from but Thank You to them!!!
I turn the radio to an AM station. You know the nothing but static. It calms Shannon down right away. It helped with my other 2 also. It truly is a lifesaver!!
Have a GREAT day!!!
~Court~

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow I wish I would have known about this, there's days in my car that I just want to throttle the kids or run away LOL

Thanks for the great tip Court :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Leaving for a 6 hour trip today...

I'll let you know if this really works. ;) (For me that is...)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...I'd never heard that. I wish I'd known this 7+ years ago when I had little babies! WAHHH~!
My husband leaves for Iraq this fall.... we've done it before, but it doesn't make it any easier. Hang in there.
Nice blog... linked here from Sandra-via Shannon@rocks in my dryer's WFMW.

Traci said...

When my son was little we used to be able to calm him down immediately by turning on the hair dryer. We would put him in his swing, put the hair dryer on cool and just let it run for about 10 minutes. It put him to sleep everytime. Unfortunatly they eventually outgrow it. Now my 4 yr old holds his hands over his ears and screams "that's too loud" when I'm drying my hair. It worked for about 9 months though!

Courtney said...

How funny that that works. I will keep that in mind for when I have kids someday.

Jodi said...

Oh man! Wish I'd known about this when my kids were little--would have saved me some insane 3-hour drives to my parents' house with baby screaming all the way.

I'll have to share this with my friends.

Carol said...

I might be glad I don't need this particular tip anymore, but I will definitely pass it along to any moms with little ones. Might save a kidlet from being tossed out the window some day.

Nettie said...

Clever idea. Maybe I'll get to use it someday...