Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yesterday evening (after Matt got home from work) I had to do my weekly grocery shopping. Something I both dread & look forward to every week. I mean who really looks forward to grocery shopping? Walmart always seems to be packed & never enough cashiers. You wait in line forever, they always seem to be out of at least one thing I desperately need & don't even get me started on putting all that food away once I get home. At the same time it's "my" time. Yesterday was a very hectic day to say the least. So by the time I got in that car I was ready to roll down the windows,turn up that radio & just drive! As I was driving it seemed every song I loved was coming on over & over. As if the D.J. knew this mommy was out & about. I felt as if I were just flying out that country road rockin out all along the way. In reality I was going 45 in a 50 because daydreaming aside I'm a chicken! But, for a few minutes I was 17 again without a care in the world but what was coming on the radio next. I get in the store it's back to mommy. Looking for every good deal & every new healthy thing I can attempt to try to get my kids to eat! I call while I'm there to check up on them & smile when I hear them giggling in the background. I then rush to finish because I know Ty is out of apple slices & mommy promised he could have them as soon as I walked in the door. The daydream is no more & I realize that's just fine. I like what I am & where I'm at in my life. Until next week when I head to the store again. So next wednesday if your windows start shaking,you hear the bass coming,you look outside to see blonde hair fly by just give me a wave...This mommy's headed to the store!

7 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I need to go grocery shopping with you! You make it fun... I haven't learned how to do that yet. I'm usually all business. How boring! :)

-Andrea

Katy said...

oh my gosh...this post was totally me! LOL i feel the SAME way. I DREAD going grocery shopping...yet, am sooo happy to go at the same time. It is so odd! Wednesdays are my shopping day too...although i only go every other week. Just another thing we have in common! LOL Thanks so much for this post! I really enjoyed reading it! :)

Glo said...

Great post.You just made my day.I went shopping Wed. too...but mine wasn't as much fun as your....Stop by some Wed. and we'll go together...hee hee Just wishful thinking....It's called dreams.
Love Ya Girl,Thanks again for making my morning.

Sandra said...

LOL I have to laugh at your 45 in a 50 zone cause you're a chicken....right there with ya sistah LOL

I actually love grocery shopping, it's the unpacking and putting it away that I absolutely HATE, I actually want to throw a tantrum and stomp my feet cause I hate it that much LOL

Love ya girl,
Sandra

Katy said...

I literally laughed out loud when i read your comment about Kanga! LOL we really must share a brain!!!! ROFL! too funny! have a great day!

Monica said...

I can so relate. Happy shopping next week.:)

Michelle said...

Lol... I'm glad you're able to see the good in your weekly routine. I have to agree about the Wal Mart thing, why do they have so many check out stands, and only open 3?