Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tomorrow is a really hard day for me.
My brother would have been 14 years old tomorrow. I think most of you know my son Tyson is named after my little brother I lost. Matt was still gone last year so I was just so busy I don't think I had much time to think about this date but this year it's really bothering me. I keep wondering what he would be like now. I wonder if he'd like spending time with the kids. I wonder what it would be like if the kids could actually meet their uncle Tyson. Ty knows he's named after him & that it's very special but he's still to young to really understand. I will always make sure my kids know what a special baby he was & how much my brother means to me. Growing up I always wanted a brother & was very angry at the world after he was taken from us. Years later I realized that even though my brother is not here with me. He is still with me daily in my heart. That's something that can never be taken away from me.
I have a favor for all of you tomorrow. If you have a brother call him. Tell him that even though he may drive you crazy you still love him. If you can see him do so. Hug him a little harder tomorrow for me. Hug him a little longer tomorrow for me & feel blessed you have him tomorrow. For me!
Tomorrow I'll go put some flowers out for Tyson. Tell him I love him & miss him. I'll stand there for a minute, close my eyes & imagine what having a 14 year old brother would be like. But, do not feel sorry for me because I am truly blessed. I have an angel who is watching over me. My brother Tyson

5 comments:

Glo said...

LOVE and big {{HUGS}} Keep yourself busy tomorrow.

Love you girlfriend.

Sandra said...

Court I'm so sorry, my brothers mean the world to me and I can't even imagine not having them around.

Try to stay busy tomorrow :)

Huge hugs, love ya girl,
Sandra

Charla said...

Awww, that's so sweet Court!! I can't imagine what it must be like for you to have lost your brother. I know my sisters drive me crazy but I don't know what I'd do if I lost one of them!

You're absolutely right though Court...you are so blessed to have an angel watching over you and your family everyday!! I bet he's so proud to have a wonderful sister like you who he knows will never forget about him, 2 beautiful nieces, and a handsome nephew who will carry his name on proudly for him!! Love you girl!!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I really sorry about your brother. If my brothers were close I would give them an extra hug today, but Japan and New York are both a little far away. I am so thankful for them. I pray that God will comfort and be near you today.

-Andrea

E said...

I saw your post on Flip Flop Momma's site.

I hope you remembered Ty fondly and had a good day. :)