Thursday, January 04, 2007



Ok ladies I need some help. Here's the new border I ordered for the living room. It came yesterday but now I need to paint! Any ideas ladies??? I was thinking a beige color but I'm being very picky. I picked up some samples at Walmart yesterday but nothings really jumping out at me. I think I told you before I'm doing the living room in Americana. Matt has gotten so many things I'm dying to put up. I'm going to stain an end table today. It's a very light wood color & doesn't match anything new we have gotten. So I'm redoing it in cherrywood. One of my New Year's resolutions is to declutter this house & KEEP it that way!!!! Don't know if it's been the same for others but since Matt's come home my routine has gone to poop!! (LOL) Don't get me wrong I wouldn't give him back for nothin but it's starting to get to me a little. So I am kicking my butt back into gear. Starting today! Although I said the same thing 2 days ago. Then again yesterday but today I mean it. LOL!!! I swear!

Court

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm horrible in the home decorating area. But I do love Americana stuff!!

Michelle said...

I love that border! I think that a beige would go good with it too. I know what you mean about the routine! I have to make myself do the things that I did while he was gone, but I think I'm accomplishing it pretty good, lol. Good luck to you!

Michelle said...

I think the beige color would look really nice. I need to declutter things too. I guess moving will help that tho...

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Hi Courtney- I found you through Michelle's site. I love Americana design! I had a friend who decorated with this as her style- she did a crisp blue paint (I am so not a blue paint kind of girl but this I did like) with her Americana border. It really made it all really stand out. I am sure you will make it look great whatever you decide on.

I am so lost without my routine BUT I would rather be lost with no routine and have my husband home hands down, so I totally understand. Really glad your family is whole again! Have a great day!

-Andrea

Charla said...

Hey girlie, I think beige would look good! I love the border, so pretty, and after this past year we've been through it's a perfect choice!!!!!!! :) Don't worry about the clutter, I've been promising myself everyday that I would get it organized before Steve gets home from work, and it never seems to work out! What do you expect with 3 little munchkins coming behind and messing it up again! LOL Don't sweat it, you'll get it done eventually! Love ya girl! I miss you guys!!!!!

~~Charla~~

Glo said...

Hey Court,
Like the new boarder. If it were mine I'd a pick a color that is close to one of the colors in the stars. Don't know if muslin (95251) would work or not. It's on paint card 525 from Walley world. It just happens to be the color were painting our bedroom. Glad to hear someone else is having trouble with a routine since Hubby came home. Thought it was just me.You know the old thing..Tried to call you today.No Luck.....Will try again later.
Love Ya.