Thursday, March 02, 2006

Just something I read when I'm down to feel appreciated & today I need it!

SILENT RANK :I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen.I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give.But the military world is the place where I live.I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get.But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget.I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind.My husband is a patriot, a brave and pride-filled man.And the call to serve his country not all can understand.Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.I love the man I married. Soldiering is his life.But I stand among the silent ranksknown as the Military Wife.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that poem.
I hope your back is feeling better, ouch.

Karyzma said...

That is beautiful.... You know, we military wives don't geet any credit! It seems like people don't really know how hard it is to be in our position. I can understand though because I din't know anything about what it was like til I became one.

Sandra said...

That's one of my favorite poems. So many times the military families go by unnoticed, I wish people would stop and think about those left behind at home. We become mothers and fathers to the children and we hold down the forts while they're gone, all the while trying to support our husbands and telling them we understand when deep down all you want to do is break down and cry.
Hope you're feeling ok today, if anything, just have a good cry, it always helps :)